We're looking for a Purchasing Manager!
At Addax Motors, we are convinced that the future of mobility in cities and towns lies in small personalized and electric utility vehicles. These vehicles guarantee economical, efficient, silent, and environmentally friendly transport.
Addax Motors is a Belgian manufacturer that develops and produces electric light utility vehicles. Our company is headquartered in Deerlijk, where the development and the assembly of our smart electric vehicles takes place. Addax works with a team of passionate people who are fully committed to green mobility. At Addax Motors, we are consistently growing, expanding our activities, and further strengthening our European sales network. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Purchasing Manager.
As a Purchasing manager, your mission will be to lead the purchasing team of Addax Motors. Together with the purchasing team you will set up effective procurement processes and streamline the current processes. You will ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of goods and services.
You will be part of the operations team of Addax Motors and will report to the operations manager. In your role you will ensure strong and clear communication between the purchasing team and the other departments within Addax. Together with the purchasing team, you will oversee a portfolio of technical parts for which you will have to develop a purchasing strategy and negotiate the best purchasing conditions under a total cost of ownership (TCO) approach.
- Lead and manage the purchasing team, providing guidance and support to ensure efficient and effective procurement operations.
- Serve as the spokesperson for the team, fostering effective communication internally and externally to ensure seamless collaboration and optimal procurement outcomes.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to optimize costs while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand their procurement needs.
- Actively participate in the decision process of the development of our vehicle together with the engineering team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers, negotiating contracts, and ensuring favorable terms and conditions.
- Monitor market trends, supplier performance, and industry developments together with the internal product development progress to make informed purchasing decisions.
- Oversee the procurement process from sourcing to delivery, ensuring timely and accurate order fulfillment, good supplier quality and zero production downtime.
- Evaluate and streamline purchasing processes to enhance efficiency and reduce operational costs.
Skills and abilities
- Good communication skills, willingness to learn and to adapt to a rapidly evolving and challenging but rewarding environment.
- Knowledge of the sourcing process (RFI, RFQ, offer analysis, supplier selection…) and negotiation techniques.
- Ability to manage day-to-day responsibilities as well as carry out strategic actions.
- Interest for technical product considerations.
- the candidate should understand the technical aspects of the parts she/he purchases.
- Proactive / capacity to take initiative.
- Strong MS Office skills (e.g., data analysis).
- At ease with any ERP software (knowledge of Ridder IQ would be a plus).
- Languages: English mandatory. Dutch, French and/or German are an asset.
Academic profile and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business (Purchasing, Supply Chain, Operations) or Engineering.
- Experience in a similar professional environment is required.
- Experience with leading a purchasing team is required.
- Opportunity to participate in an ambitious project.
- Pleasant atmosphere within a dynamic environment.
- Working in a full-time regime (39h) - contract of indefinite duration
- Attractive salary plus fringe benefits + 6 ADV days per year
- Easy access to the E17 motorway